BOP is hosted by Crystal Tech. Click here to sign up.

Survivor: Cagayan - Episode 6

Head of the Snake

By Jim Van Nest, Survivor Analyst

April 2, 2014

Is everyone bowing down in worship to me, Queen Swing Vote?

New at BOP:
Share & Save
Digg Button  
Print this column
All day long the Survivors have been tweeting about this being one of the greatest Tribal Councils ever. Now it's time for me to be the judge of that. Jeff starts with LJ asking what the mood is. LJ says he feels like he's in the hottest seat as one of the bigger threats. Tasha admits that now is the time to look at the biggest threats, so LJ should be worried. Tony makes a plea to people saying something about not needing an alliance of numbers, but an alliance of comfort. Those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean. He says he feels worried tonight as a threat. Even though he's 40 and bald, he has a little fire left in him. Kass also says that if you're a strong guy doing well in challenges on the minority tribe that you should definitely be worried.

Next question is for LJ and you have to wonder why Jeff targets LJ for this one, but he asks where idols are coming into play now. LJ says that an idol has yet to be seen and that maybe it's just a big Survivor joke. Jeff says, "Meaning there are none." Tony chimes in, "There's idols. Cause I got one." Wait, what? He goes on to say that he has one and he's using it for his tribe. Spencer asks to see it. Tony asks why should he show it? Spencer says it'll prove he's telling the truth. We'll chalk another one up to the Brain. You can't let someone just spout that nonsense in an attempt to get your vote off of them. When someone makes that bold of a statement, you have to get them to show it. And Spencer did just that. I think someone wants to stay on top of the BOP Power Rankings!

Tony puts the idol around his neck while saying that he could play that idol on anyone on his tribe tonight. I've mentioned all season that Tony's playing too hard too fast. This is the peak of his playing too hard. The idol is a better weapon when it's kept secret. Get them to vote for you and then play it. As it is, you have a 25% chance of picking right and a 75% chance of losing. Get the vote on you and you have a 100% chance of coming out of this Tribal on top.




Advertisement



While Tony pats himself on the back for his awesome play, the Aparri six all agree to vote for "the other one." The Solana tribe decides to keep their vote the same. And this is why Tony won't win this game. As soon as everything seemed to be chaos, Tasha and Spencer calmed it right down by saying, "Vote for the other one." I can almost guarantee right now that Tony will give the idol to LJ and Aparri will vote for someone else. My guess is Trish. Either way, Tony overplayed his hand and his comeuppance right here is going to be so sweet! Oh yeah, Jeff's tallying the votes too.

Jeff asks for an idol and Tony steps up to Jeff to validate the idol. Once Jeff agrees, Tony gives it to LJ and can't wait to see if he read the people correctly. Time to read the vote...oh wait a second! LJ decides to play his idol...for Tony! The Aparri tribe just sits there and shakes their heads. Spencer says, "Unbelievable" as he shakes his. Time to read the votes. First vote, Jefra. As Spencer grins over at Solana, you can practically hear their hearts sink. Votes alternate from Jefra to Sarah until we're tied at five, with one vote left. Seventh person voted out and the first member of our jury: Sarah! WHAT!?!?!?


Continued:       1       2       3       4       5       6

     


 
 

Need to contact us? E-mail a Box Office Prophet.
BOP is hosted by Crystal Tech. Click here to sign up.
Friday, October 20, 2017
© 2017 Box Office Prophets, a division of One Of Us, Inc.