Survivor: Cagayan Power Rankings
By Jim Van Nest, Survivor Analyst
March 12, 2014
9) Tasha (Brains) - All the way down at #9 we find our first member of the Brains tribe. And it's Tasha. I'm not a fan of how she's been playing, but she does seem to be pulling the strings on Team Chaos. With that in mind, as long as they don't lose every single challenge before the merge, I could see her lasting until then and being absorbed as a swing vote of sorts into a bigger alliance. She is definitely playing the game and will have no trouble turning on her own. That will make her an interesting ally at first, then someone that needs to go once numbers are secured.
10) Spencer (Brains) - While he seems in trouble right now, I have a feeling he won't be the next Brain voted off. And if he survives that vote, he might be able to make a little mini-run in the game. Despite his pre-show video, he's actually kind of a likable kid and he might be able to squeeze into another alliance if he can last to a swap or merge.
11) Morgan (Beauty) - If Beauty loses again, Morgan will be the target. LJ isn't swayed by her and the other girls would be fine with getting rid of the only pretty girl who seems to know how to play this game. I don't think Beauty will lose another challenge for a while; that's why there are four people lower than her on this list. But with a Beauty loss, Morgan will be hanging with her buddy Brice at Ponderosa.
12) Trish (Brawn) - We haven't seen a whole lot of Trish. I know that she likes her some Cliff, but she seems to be an island out there right now. She's not tight with anyone and she's already on Lindsay's radar as a potential target. And on a team of strong competitors, she could be seen as the weakest link. So, I think she's not long for this game, but I don't think she's the Brawn in the most danger.
13) Kass (Brains) - Kass hasn't shown a lot of savvy at playing this game and that's why I don't think she'll last very long. She thinks she has an alliance right now with Tasha and J'Tia, but really? Is that who you want to align with? A schemer and someone who'll dump your food supply? And oh by the way, Kass...you said in a confessional last week that you can "always get more rice." Um, actually...no, you can't. Not unless Probst-ipoo is feeling generous and even then, who knows what you'll have to give up to get it. Right there, you've proven that you are horribly outmatched at this game.
14) Tony (Brawn) - I'm predicting right now that Tony will be the second person voted out this season while holding an immunity idol. He's playing WAY too hard, WAY too soon. #spyshack He had a nice safe alliance with Sarah and then inexplicably lies to her about a conversation that never happened. Why? Because he's playing WAY too hard. He seems to be the one suggesting that Brawn throw a challenge. That's reason enough to get your ass voted out. If they do actually throw the challenge, this could be the week he gets his ticket punched.
15) J'Tia (Brains) - If not, this is the week J'Tia will likely go home. She only survived because Garrett had the most epic meltdown in Tribal Council history and because LJ can't figure out a kiddie maze. I don't care what the alliances look like, eventually she'll pay the piper for her little rice stunt. She's too unstable to keep out there and it's only a short matter of time before Spencer convinces Tasha that J'Tia is the vote. Tasha wanted to vote her out last time, so I don't think it would take that much of a push to get her to that point again. Especially if J'Tia tanks a third challenge.
And there we have it, my first WAG (wild ass guesses) for Power Rankings this season. Can't wait to look back at the end and see how my initial impressions turned out. Love 'em, hate 'em, just want to tell me how bad I suck at this? Follow me and hit me up at: @vannestjc on Twitter! Until next time, take care!