A few more guidelines:
- To repeat, the positions we're filling are unpaid.
- Once we've evaluated your writing sample (see below), if we think you would be a good fit,
we'll contact you with a series of sample assignments. Any assignments returned to us will
be the property of boxofficeprophets.com and may or may not be published.
- We'll take on new members on a trial basis, evaluating their submissions for a period of time
before deciding on whether or not to add the new members to the BOP staff proper.
- If we don't think you'd be a good fit, you most likely won't hear back from us.
Yeesh. Having said all of that, here's what we're looking for. Send us two writing samples:
Send your writing sample to: email@example.com. Include "Join BOP" in the subject line.
- First, write a short (500-words or so) review of the last movie you saw. Year doesn't matter, good or bad doesn't matter, first or repeated viewing doesn't matter.
- Second, give us a brief personal statement. How are you? Where are you? Why do you like movies? Are you Uwe Boll? Seriously, though, do let us know if you have any affiliation with any movie studio, production company, or any other segment of the entertainment industry.
Thanks for your interest!