- Attempted working towards an undergraduate degree in Pre-Law at Truman State University before switching her major to Theater
- Auditioned for the lead role in the TV show Alias, but was deemed not "hot enough"
- Worked as a receptionist and administrative assistant until landing her big break as series regular Pam on The Office
- Named one of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful in 2006
- Since the People recognition, she has been sending a framed copy of the article with headshots to casting agents